Tips for keeping acei cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LilBangarang

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm picking up three white tail aceis later today. They're going with my labs, yoyo loaches, and black skirt tetras. I'm planning on getting three rusty cichlids as well. From what I can tell these are a good match. Right now they're in a 40 gallon but I'll be upgrading to a 75 gallon in a few months and using the 40 as a community tank. Any tips on introducing these young aceis to the tank with my 1 1/2 year old labs? Should I put up a divider until the aceis are a little bigger? Any help is appreciated...

First is the male to female ratio right because if there all male they will fight each other. And adding the three together should be fine since no one fish will be targeted. Also how long have the tetras be in there I would remove them till you get the 75 then put then in the community.

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

First is the male to female ratio right because if there all male they will fight each other. And adding the three together should be fine since no one fish will be targeted. Also how long have the tetras been in there I would remove them till you get the 75 then put then in the community.

The tetras have been there for less than six months. Can't really remember exactly when. I've never seen them cause any trouble even when I mistakenly put two blue dolphin cichlids in the tank.

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Should I still put the divider in between the old fish and new ones

Sent from my XT1060 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No you should be good

Back
Top Bottom