Today's plans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

13stingeln

Aquarium Advice Activist
So today I have decided to switch to sand as my substrate! I would like as many advice and opinions on how you guys have gone about it and how I should go about it. Should I leave my fish in, also has anyone ever used pool filtration sand which I heard was possible also how much sand to use, will my filter be ok or do I need a certain kind anything you think of will help. I just need help! Also planning on trying to find some rock to stack was wondering on cleaning methods I read about boiling water and than testing vinegar on it to make sure it's safe. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458077802.602657.jpg
Still a bit foggy but this is after.

Thanks! I was so nervous! But they all seem to being doing well rightnow. But I did just notice something and I don't know if I'm overreacting my Johnny has a bump on his stomach could this be bloat? I didn't really see him eat much either when I fed them. I'll post a picture ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1458096227.683452.jpg

That's a great transition. Love the subtle colors. Something soothing about it.
Sorry, can't help with the bump on the belly ?

Thanks so much! And yeah i just bought more fish I swear if this kills my tank I'm gonna be so mad! Lol... I think I'll take him out for alittle and see what happens. Blah

He looks normal to me. Sometimes they have to get used to their new surroundings for a day or so before they eat again.

Okay! Yeah he's acting normal so I'm not to worried! Thanks

I can't see what kind of filter you have, but with sand you should either move the intent higher or add s pre filter. Sand can kill impellers on HOB filters. If you only use sponge filters, no problem.
The sand looks really nice, and your fish will enjoy digging.

Oh ok thanks!
I have noticed some odd activity recently after I switched to sand. I have an ob peacock that recently got beat up put him in another tank to heal and put him back in and he stays on the right side and all my other fish are on the left side and there all close to the top of the tank? Let me take a picture. I tested my water and my readings are nitrate 160 nitrite .5 ph 8 kh 240 gh 120

So plan is to do water changes and lessen my feeding... I'm an idiot

Back
Top Bottom