todays question some minor fraying / nips

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
his colour still stinks... but not as stinky..... one day you will be a millionnaire from your sketches! you could even do one dedicated to fish, those 'little red softballs' BP, the 3 O's almost put in a 2g tank, and how NOT to stroke a vampire fish :)

its great that they are recovering.
if it just goes downhill after the reintro, it may be goodbye time im sorry xx

thanks! i really hope youre right.. and soon cuz i could use the cash haha

and yeah, if she has to go, she has to go.. v-money is def my priority.. even though i do love what she is doing with her coloring LOL

she always had this silver lining to her scales but they really started popping now and shes mildly turning orange on her shoulder region .. just really coming together

so the venustus still looked bad today & i decided to put him in a hospy tank after work.. i get home, & my girlfriend broke the only tank i had!!! lol

i'm buying a new 10gal hospy tomorrow so hopefully he'll heal up.. i'm gonna get a legit breeder net too & keep the borleyi in lock up for a little while longer

it looks like my fire fish or strawberry p is showing signs of dominance now, but not attatcking anyone as far as i can see.. just chasing w/ positive results lol

him i cant lose either as he's very important to me too .. i'm just praying for peace! :)

UPDATE:

got the actual breeder net for the borleyi today, along w/ a 10 gal hospital tank. HOWEVER, when i got home from work i realized V-Money's fins are def growing back & his scales look a little better too so i think i'm just gonna leave him in .. & he's back to swimming the around the whole tank so i think he'll be okie doke :)

i'm gonna rehome the 2 jakes this weekend & go fish hunting on the other side of the state, since all the stores in my area have DIDDLY for affys.. i still dont know if Black Betty (the borleyi) is gonna stay but that will depend on her attitude once she's outta 'the joint' LOL

i was gonna try to get another male & female fire fish to bring my total up to 3 fire fish but i doubt its a good idea to have 2 males & 1 female of the one species.. AM I CORRECT??

if i am right, i figure i'll just try to grab 2 or 3 more mbunas (1-2 females & 1 male)

BUUUUUT if anyone knows of a colorful female peacock, i would LOVE to get something like that.. if not, i'm just gonna go w/ mbunas cuz thats the best pick for colorful fems, FROM WHAT I KNOW :)

all advice & comments are appreciated!!

+1 on 2f 1m mbuna

OB peacocks are stunning! i have an OB zebra i thought was peacock, they have pretty much same colouration because OB Ps are hybrids of the 2 (zebra and peacock). some yellows have colouring, and albinos are a cool milky colour.
i hope it goes ok with black betty. is she calm in the breeder?
u will soooo have to review the fish shop!! its a game i play with another member, we review the lfs and new places lol. xxx

Mouth-Brooder-Fanatic said:
+1 on 2f 1m mbuna

OB peacocks are stunning! i have an OB zebra i thought was peacock, they have pretty much same colouration because OB Ps are hybrids of the 2 (zebra and peacock). some yellows have colouring, and albinos are a cool milky colour.
i hope it goes ok with black betty. is she calm in the breeder?
u will soooo have to review the fish shop!! its a game i play with another member, we review the lfs and new places lol. xxx

i have my 1 OB but i cant tell if its male or female from the vent cuz of a white underbelly.. has a rounded anal? fin though

& yeah mouthy, i'm leaning towards more mbunas too.. maybe some orange ones.. i want something other than yellow & blue buuut i think i would be willing to get a male kenyi since i have 2 females

& yes, BB is quite calm in the net.. VMoney is right under her, picking at her food throuhh the net.. i think shes eating it but i dont know if V$ might be messing w/ it until it comes through the tiny holes.. lotta food specs on that side of the tank lol

ohhh MBF, i wish there was lol

my local shop had DIDDLE!! one possssible female firefish or strawberry p but nothing special enough for my glorious tank haha

i'm not buying MW3 this week so i can get some more affys AND start my 10gal hosp i didnt use as a community tank lol mayyyybe gonna do shellies in the 10gal cuz theyre uber-dope & i know a place that has a lot :)

updates WILL be given this weekend, please believe LOL

i very much hope so! this is exciting, i cant wait to see what u end up with!!

not buying MW3 this week? i am ;)

i have more scratches on my finger than all your fish put together because training an oscar to gently nudge for food is near impossible. lol!!

haha welp i caved last night & got MW3 soooo no fishies this week LOL

& i've decided to start a 10gal salt so i'm gonna leave everyone for now & see how it goes.. if anything i'll rehome the jakes later & the borleyi if she hasnt calmed down after 'lock up' & grab some more mbunas ;)

tell me ALL about it!!! i want o do a SW, so i want to know what is used in it (filters, lights, pwc, rocks, inhabitants, hitchhikers, sumps, skimmers, refugiums) x

i'm still in the research faze myself but i'm only doing a 10gal cuz i wanna try something small to start.

i'm using a regular 10-20gal hang-on filter. i'm gonna grab like 10lbs of live rock, some sand & water next thursday & start a cycle.

then i plan on doing a goby & 2 cardinals whenever its all set. along w/ some soft corals & a buncha shrimpers :)

i was told a T5HO or LED light was what i wanted for the soft corals. i'm gonna be doing more research & pricing tonight.

i am sooooo after gobies, 1 to 3 small ones and some live rock.

if u find bristle worms, REMOVE THEM. my dad has his 15g, with loads of LR and about 3 BW. they have bred and there are hundreds of them down there (instead of sand they have LR chunks for substrate). it looks gross!

he has a watchman goby. the ultimatum of cute!

when is the borleyi going back in? x

LOL i went with a community haha

started w/ 6 fancy guppies & of course the dopest one died :( but the others are doing great .. also holding a tiny angel in there for my boy buuut he miiight not be getting it back LOL

& as far as BB, i'm not sure.. the venustus isnt fully healed yet but he's getting better.. & my flameback is almost fully healed & HES GETTING HIS COLOR more & more every day :) :) :) :)

awesome!! i love seeing fish, flamebacks especially, come into their colours.

i love fancy guppies!! what colours have you got in there?

iv just raised 20 guppy fry, 5 days ago they started getting colour. they are now incredible and one female has male markings, but defo female. ooo i cant wait til we get a 3rd generation haha! x

i THINK all my gupps are males lol i have 2 reds, a yellow, a blue & a dark blue w/ designs.. my 6th one was blue w/ patterns too but way doper & of course the best one died :(

the remaining gupps & the angel are doing well though

thats super dope about the fry.. i didnt really want the hassle of breeding in my community.. my affys though, thats another story.. if they cross-breed that is lol

Back
Top Bottom