Too much fish for a 75 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raym94

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking at getting an Oscar, green terror and an electric blue jack Dempsey. My lfs said it would not be a problem for a 75 gallon, but it seems a little much. That would be about 30 inches of fish length. Let me know if my instincts are right on this.

I agree too many big fish for a 75 my said set up consists of a jack a blood parrot and 4 cons and that's pushing it

Skip the blood parrot and go for the Dempsey and green terror with a bottom feeder and some danios or tetras as a dither/target fish. I think you would enjoy this setup.

Oh.....or get the Oscar also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skip the blood parrot and go for the Dempsey and green terror with a bottom feeder and some danios or tetras as a dither/target fish. I think you would enjoy this setup.

Oh.....or get the Oscar also.

Really? A Jack Dempsey with tetras? I would imagine that a mature Dempsey would make a fast snack out of a school of tetras.

Really? A Jack Dempsey with tetras? I would imagine that a mature Dempsey would make a fast snack out of a school of tetras.

I had a school of buenes aires in with jack Dempsey pair for a long time with no problems at all. Guess it would depend on the temperament of the cichlid. My pair tore up a pleco but never bothered the tetras.

Back
Top Bottom