Too Risky?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a lab that was ill for a while and it kind of stunted it's growth. It has recovered fully and has been well for over a month, but it is so much smaller now than the others that I'm afraid one of the others may try to kill it. It's only about 1.5". Would it be foolish to put it in my community tank until it grows out a bit? The community tank contains semi aggressive fish like gouramis etc. Water params are the same in both tanks.

Labenator65000 said:
I have a lab that was ill for a while and it kind of stunted it's growth. It has recovered fully and has been well for over a month, but it is so much smaller now than the others that I'm afraid one of the others may try to kill it. It's only about 1.5". Would it be foolish to put it in my community tank until it grows out a bit? The community tank contains semi aggressive fish like gouramis etc. Water params are the same in both tanks.

What fish? A lab would probably destroy gouramis

Gboy66 said:
What fish? A lab would probably destroy gouramis

The little lab is tiny (less than 1.5") and super shy. Everyone else is at least 1.5-3x as big. He rarely comes out and never gets any food in the current Malawi tank. I'm certain his days are numbered with all of the others coming of age.

Matter of fact, never mind. The comm. tank has a Brown Knife in it that might just be big enough to try to eat the tiny lab. I guess he'll just need to fend for himself in the current tank.

A 1.5 in lab should be ok if your well stocked. I have several different sizes in my tank. Everybody gets along for the most part. I wonder if hes a male and getting harrased by the bigger males. In that case he needs to be rehomed

Jmedic25 said:
A 1.5 in lab should be ok if your well stocked. I have several different sizes in my tank. Everybody gets along for the most part. I wonder if hes a male and getting harrased by the bigger males. In that case he needs to be rehomed

As far as I can see he's not being harassed yet. He was just traumatized by the near death illness that he has since recovered from. He's not quite right now, I can tell. Really I have no choice since I have no other tanks, so we'll just have to let nature take it's course. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom