Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2019, 11:49 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Tropheus moori cichlid.

We inherited a tank when we moved into our home. Right now we've moved them over to a brand new tank as it was getting a little old and we redecorated. We have a couple of Cory's, 2 golden barbs, 2 zebra danios, 6 neon tetra. 3 bristlenose plecs and one tropheus.
My question is should we take the tropheus to a shop so that he may go to a more appropriate home? Same with there being 3 bristlenose? Or should we just let them be? I don't want to let them go and stagnate in a shop for the rest of their lives, but I want to do what's best for the fish.
Our tank is a 200 litre.

Old 07-10-2019, 12:29 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yes, you need to remove the tropheus. They should be in a group, that stocking is entirely incompatible (it may be young and not causing problems yet but rest assured it will), they require different parameters, and 200L is too small for even a tropheus species tank. I wonder how that ended up happening; it's a very bad LFS if one sold that fish to them with that set up. Don't know much about bristlenoses, but I believe that is an appropriate tank and community for one, but I believe plecos like that could begin fighting unless the tank is set up well or even no matter what you do ... so you may be better off removing two of them, though if they're full grown and doing well together you're probably good.

Tags
cichlid, ich, moor, tropheus

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com