Trying out discus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He hill probably get a little bigger. With proper care he will still grow. He will still eat, he will live. He's just stunted. I recommend a group if at Least six though. They're not solitary fish. The Pleco will create a lot of waste

I heard online though that stunned discus can live as long as regular ones because stunned means that they are done growing?

I just need to correct this, it's "stunted" not "stunned" lol

It will most likely not grow as much, and will probably not live as long. It has been kept in poor way conditions, hence the huge eyes and odd body shape. These are part of the reason why discus can be so difficult. I'd also try and find more of them, as discus are extremely shy and require groups to feel comfortable. A dither fish would also help

Ok thanks for the info it helped alot my discus has bin swimming around the tank and looks happy i just to get more friends for him.

How much years do you think it has left its only like 2-3inches big?

It's impossible to tell how long he has left. There are too many factors to take into consideration.

Also, could you please start combining your posts. You can edit a post and add to it if you want to say something extra.

Agreed, there are too many variables to predict things like lifespan and adult (if it makes it there) size

Back
Top Bottom