Turquoise jewel cichlid help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
I recently redid my 55 gallon tank and acquired three turquoise jewel cichlids. 1 is very active, the other 2 like to hide. One will come out fairly often from its little cave under its piece of driftwood. The other rarely comes out at all and seems to enjoy just laying on the bottom on the substrate under its driftwood cave that dug out for it. It's not breathing erratically or showing any signs of bloating.

I did feed some brine shrimp today after a two day fast and it did come out for that but went right back to its spot. Should I be worried at all? I've done two pwc's this week in five days just to keep up on water changes. As I have currently been away for periods of time. I've done some research on them but I mainly find more information on breeding and less on how to have these thrive in a well maintained tank.

The tank has 3 jewel cichlids, 1 koi angelfish, 1 bristlenose pleco and 7 black neon tetras. The cichlids I would consider very young juveniles. The tank temp is set for 80-82f but right now it's a bit higher because of the immense heat we have here even with all the blinds closed and the air conditioner running.

Any experience or opinions would be much appreciated.

Ph- 7.6
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 10

Back
Top Bottom