Two AQ70's in a 40G??????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeremy Z

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey everyone,

I currently have a 40g tank with 5 cichlids. I will be adding 2 more tomorrow. I'm running 1 AQ70 HOB filter and was wondering if it's ok to add 1 more. I also have a Aqueon 300 circulation pump.

If I add another AQ70, will it be too much water movement? Would it be over-filtered?

My water is crystal clear and I really want it to stay that way. Petsmart was running a sale on the AQ70's ($20 off) so I got one and figured you could never have too much filtration with cichlids.

Please let me know your thoughts?!

-JZ

Not to sure about water movement but an extra filter dnt sound like a bad plan

That's perfect. 1 more will make a huge difference

When I add the new filter, will it grow beneficial bacteria even with my other filter already established and the water parameters good. Or, do I need to do something special to help promote the BB growth?

What kind of cichlids?

Currently I have the african cichlids below. Tomorrow I will be receiving my shipment from KGtropicals.com with a Bi-color 500 and an Ethelwynnae.

Current Stock
1 Eureka Red Peacock
1 Swallowtail Peacock
1 Albino Strawberry Peacock
1 Yellow Lab
1 Demasoni

Currently I have the african cichlids below. Tomorrow I will be receiving my shipment from KGtropicals.com with a Bi-color 500 and an Ethelwynnae.

Current Stock

1 Eureka Red Peacock

1 Swallowtail Peacock

1 Albino Strawberry Peacock

1 Yellow Lab

1 Demasoni

Nice I have been thinking about ordering from them have just been waiting for the weather to get a little warmer and to save up a little more money. I finally found some bi-color at a lfs but he has plenty of others I want. Let us know how the shipment is I'm interested to know how it turns out. He usually has a lot of fish I want, prices seem a little high but it will be worth it for good fish.

I believe most peacocks get 6-8". They also shouldn't be in anything less then a 55g (4ft tank) and most have to be overstocked to avoid aggresion.

Back
Top Bottom