Uh oh need some input

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mbaum88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok hears the deal. I got 1 electric blue acara and decided he needed some buddies. Went to a well renowned lfs and talked the the acara guru and he claimed i could have 3 in my tank. I wanted 1 male 2 female but ended up with 2 male 1 female. Initially for the first 2 weeks everyone got along. But now the big male is going after the small male niping his fins. My question is should i try and get a 2nd female to even it out or relocate 1 male. I am in the process of putting together my 100gal but it will be a few weeks till its done. Im leaning towards gettin another female so both tanks will have a pair in them. Any ideas?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

I would just separate the bully male until you get the larger tank set up. I don't know squat about acaras other than they look nice, but I'd say you could have 2 pairs in the 100 gal. So separate the male for now, then get a female once you have the 100 set up. How big is your tank now?

Back
Top Bottom