Unexpected Green Terror pick up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

V227

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at my favorite LFS yesterday. The manager directed me to his Oscar / Flowerhorn tank.
Swimming amongst the monsters was a tiny 1.5 inch Green Terror (Rivulatus). Although noticeably skinny, it's colors were stunning. The manager advised that he had tucked the little GT away for himself, but due to circumstances could not keep him. The manager knew I lost my prized 6 y.o RIvulatus last year, and asked me to take him. He added that the display tank had recently been nuked with meds due to sick FH' s. "Great". I took him anyway, "Dumb".
I put the baby GT in my 65 gal. grow out tank, which already had a tiny Firemouth and tetras.
Immediately the fight was on between the FM and GT. The FM won. To make a long story short, I had to remove every rock in the tank, including a 60 lb. Texas Holey rock in order to net the elusive FM. Three Loaches and one BN Pleco fell out of the rock onto the floor. " They're Okay". Put the little bully FM in the display tank, "He's Okay". The GT looks fine and is
eating like a horse. Wasn't planning on another RIvulatus, but how could I resist a face like that. The second pic is of my late Green Terror. He was awsome.

Attachments

• 20180415_130824.jpg
    20180415_130824.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 20180415_143912.jpg
    20180415_143912.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 57
I love that you "just get fish ".
I go to my favorite LFS with no intent hoping to see what can not be resisted !
Good luck with 'him' he looks half way there to looking as awesome as your older one.
I should add I looked long and hard at the Electric Blue Jack Dempsey today ...

Thanks everybody.
CB, I forgot to buy "Prime" and another Red Tail Loach, due to the excessive fish discussion, which I always have, with the manager and staff. We all try to one up each other regarding our exaggerated fish keeping knowledge. As for Electric Blue Jacks, I've raised two. One lived 5 yrs. The other six. They aren't quite as fragile as advertised.

Del, impulsive fish buying is a character flaw, almost a compulsion. It's initially satisfying but always leads to complicated adjustments. Lol.

Coral, thanks for the compliment, you are always so kind.

Thought I'd include a pic of the little troublemaker Firemouth, swimming with his new tankmates. He's the little normal colored one. The other Firemouth, is a weird, one of a kind, color freak, from another impulse buy.

Attachments

• 20180415_202453.jpg
    20180415_202453.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 37
"Del, impulsive fish buying is a character flaw, almost a compulsion." I don't think it's a character flaw for those like yourself who take excellent care of your fish. I'm not sure what to call it...like MTS it's the way our brains are wired. ITS THEM that are messed up, the ones without fish. :p :lol:

Lol - sums it up perfectly [emoji106]

(gets hard when you see all these wonderful fish out there - guys from here went over to African lakes - some amazing fish).

Back
Top Bottom