Unknow cichled!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt_55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This cichlid was born in a cichlid breeders tank that a person i know bought it a long story but after a year i am still not sure what it is. All i know is that it is probably from lake malawi. It does'nt have any coulors yet but it is not mbuna and has black strips. Any help is good thnx.

Attachments

• PA070574.jpg
    PA070574.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 121
Can u get a better pic ?? N second my guess ot could be a assorted peacock cichlids prolly a female judging by the dark colors

sorry that wa the best i could get, That one fish is probably my most active.

might be a female blue peacock, they are kinda brown like that and have similar shape.
but i think its more a yellow tail acei female.
xx

It does look like a female. It is a peacock (or hap) given the blurry pic it is hard to tell. Unfortunately the type of peacock is impossible to tell from a female. How big is the fish?

If it has grown in a tank with a dominant male peacock, there is a chance that it has sub-dominant colouration. But it looks like it is large enough to have colour if it were male.

which fish in your tank does it mostly 'hang' with? they tend to like to stay in their species (or as close as... lol).

Back
Top Bottom