Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2019, 04:01 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

unknown type of cichlid

Was sold a cichlid labelled as a "bandit cichlid" which are known to be peaceful and shy however the fish I was sold has become extremely aggressive and terrotorial which is not what I expected I am on mobile and have not figured out how to post a picture of him but he shares similar markings to a bandit cichlid except the markings down the middle of his body is just a spot rather than a stripe that a bandit cichlid has.he is the most aggressive fish in the tank and is probably around 3" or 4" he attacks almost anything that goes near his territory so his behavouir leads me to believe he is not a bandit cichlid
Ps:any help with posting a picture is much appreciated

Old 05-16-2019, 08:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Did you end up with a convict cichlid? They have stripes and are very aggressive. Unless you meant the one you got has a spots.

Old 05-16-2019, 10:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshbrennan06 View Post
Was sold a cichlid labelled as a "bandit cichlid" which are known to be peaceful and shy however the fish I was sold has become extremely aggressive and terrotorial which is not what I expected I am on mobile and have not figured out how to post a picture of him but he shares similar markings to a bandit cichlid except the markings down the middle of his body is just a spot rather than a stripe that a bandit cichlid has.he is the most aggressive fish in the tank and is probably around 3" or 4" he attacks almost anything that goes near his territory so his behavouir leads me to believe he is not a bandit cichlid
Ps:any help with posting a picture is much appreciated

use a third party site like imgur.com. they will provide links for the image. i personally use the one listed as BBcode. Copy and paste it into any of your post. if you are posting on an android or iOS device then maybe something like taptotalk might work better.
Old 05-18-2019, 02:49 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Did you end up with a convict cichlid? They have stripes and are very aggressive. Unless you meant the one you got has a spots.
No I'm sure it isn't a convict it is mostly white in colour and has the build of a geophagus species
Old 05-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Not a great picture but better than nothing

Tags
cichlid, ich, unknown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com