Update electric bleu jack dempsey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamingdragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
I love there morph collar

image-1128224591.jpg

Attachments

• image-3281374861.jpg
    image-3281374861.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 129
  • image-1314335144.jpg
    image-1314335144.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 128
Thanks I really take good care off them. My favorite fish. I hope to breed them :)

I fish that is hard to keep I agree. I had to learn a lot a bout them. And to understand the concept. Other word amazing :)

I fish that is hard to keep I agree. I had to learn a lot a bout them. And to understand the concept. Other word amazing :)

Haha right on, I like many others here have prolly tried to keep them 5-6 different times in my fish keeping carrier. With out much success. Either way I wish ya luck, when they grow to maturity they are truly stunning.

Haha right on, I like many others here have prolly tried to keep them 5-6 different times in my fish keeping carrier. With out much success. Either way I wish ya luck, when they grow to maturity they are truly stunning.

I've had seven over the last few years and all suffered the same fate. Dead for no apparent reason. Water always tested perfect and fish showed no sign of illness. My last one died a few weeks ago and he actually made over the 4" mark before he crooked. I have decided to give up on them for now as have many other members here have done.

Add me to that list, it's even worse now since the demand has has skyrocketed and with that all the poor breeding techniques.

+1 over and inbreeding has killed the stock from even 5 or do years ago. I'll never try them again, even if they cost the same as a reg. JD it's not worth the time and effort to dedicate a tank to them now. IMO. Again.. Good luck. They give me a migraine. Haha

HUKIT said:
Add me to that list, it's even worse now since the demand has has skyrocketed and with that all the poor breeding techniques.

I've had mine going on a year and he's still only 2 inches. I don't see this ending well. I'd recommend steering clear.

Lady_Alia said:
What makes them so hard to keep?

An unusually high number of poor stock is what most people believe. Likely from over/in breeding and weakening the color-variation of the species.

This is one of those cases where the bad things you hear about a fish are absolutely true.

What make them hard to keep. You need good fry to begin with. This is my sevend total. 2 good water quality. I bit off and they die from poisoning . Or they get sick from no reason. They handle stress not so well. When I started I put them in a 10 gallon tank and did every 2 days 10% water change. See if they were eating and were strong enough. From the 7 I bought I have 2 left. One already hit the 4 inch mark and is looking good the second one is much weaker and is 1 and half inch. And doing good so far. The second one is at least eating what is a good sign. And when u purshase them it take 2 days or longer to feel relax in your tank. Also the first time I bought them I put them with other fish when they are juveniles. Not so good idd to do that. I think the best way to keep them is in groeps form. And alone in the tank with only EBJD. And good water quality. And a stress less inviroment. A lot of people have give it a go. But they really hard to keep. I will keep a update on them

Back
Top Bottom