Updated pics after the horrible epidemic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
maestromad said:
Fabulous tank!! Fancy flying to the uk and sorting mine out lol!! :)

Haha!! You buy I'll fly!!

Mumma.of.two said:
How did I miss this thread?!
Looks great Dino!! :) I never thought a cichlid tank could look so green!

Thanks Mumma! :)

Means ALOT!! We made it!! :)

Dino, Im having trouble with my anubias in my tank. How much daytime wattage do you run. Im running 55 watts in my 36 tank. My anubias isnt growing and the leaves are getting what looks like black algae on them. I do keep water lettuce and duckweed floating on top. But I thin it out twice a week so light is getting to them. Any advice?

Jmedic25 said:
Dino, Im having trouble with my anubias in my tank. How much daytime wattage do you run. Im running 55 watts in my 36 tank. My anubias isnt growing and the leaves are getting what looks like black algae on them. I do keep water lettuce and duckweed floating on top. But I thin it out twice a week so light is getting to them. Any advice?

Wow I'm being asked advice! Well brother as you know I'm still new but I'll offer up what I've done. First I did use seachems root tabs all around the tank, I use flourish 2x's a day and sometimes after a water change I'll dose it again. My light schedule is as follows. Keep in mind I run a Solarmax Xtreme T5 HO 4 bulb fixture.

2pm the Actinic's go on then 4pm the daylights kick in, 9pm the daylights go off and the Actinic's go off at 11 then moonlights through out. I've glues a lot of Anubias to rocks,driftwood and the Cichlid stones. Haven't had any issues. My Anubias even survived the salt treatment during the columnaris outbreak which surprised me. Thanks for the compliment!!

:)

Hope I help!

Jmedic25 said:
You dose flourish twice a day?

I'm sorry. 2x's a week and sometimes after a water change. I haven't replaced the root tabs but have added about a 2 boxes worth after the clean up.

Your tank looks amazing now! Great job sticking with it and fighting off your troubles. It's not just members offering support and advice that is great on here.... People like yourself who stick around, show their appreciation and post updates like you have done make the advice and support feel "worth it" if you get my drift :) Thanks for the update and pics. Anubias are now on my shopping list lol

Looks great dude. You should be very proud that you made it through one of the worst aquarium desieses i have ever heard of. Lol great job!!!

Thanks everyone!!! Your right this place is awesome!!! I'm glad I could share my experience with others even of it was horrible. And I felt the need to post an update, that's the least I could do for everyone that has been there for me.

Thanks again everyone!! :) :)

I need to hang in the cichlid section more, sorry I missed this. You need to drive down & aquascape my tank! LOL

Great job on sticking through it all Dino.

Back
Top Bottom