Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gatorjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 38 and Saturday I'm getting a 75. I want to put the new tank in the same place as the old. What is the easiest way to my fish without killing them? What is the process needed to make this change?

Drain tank water into a five gallon bucket, net the fish and put them in the bucket. Then continue draining the old tank. Using the old substrate with new added will help with your beneficial bacteria. Otherwise run your old filter on the new tank to help seed it.

How long will I have to run the new tank before I can add my fish?

Add them as soon as its filled. You just need to check the water parameters every day to make sure everything stays good. How many and what fish are you putting in there?

1 angle, 3 rams, 2 rainbows,1 baby roselike shark and 5 Cory cats

Oh ok. You might have a mini cycle, but like I said just test your water and do water changes if anything bad shows up. Are you going to use the same substrate in the new tank?

Think so since it would be easier on my fish and going to run the old filter on it for awhile

gatorjon said:
How long will I have to run the new tank before I can add my fish?

If your using the old filter you can add them as soon as you fill it and dechlorinate it.

Cool never had a tank this big and want the fish I have to grow in my new one. Seems they have maxed out their size in my 38

I have all live plants and was going to use all the old in my new tank so hopefully that will help as well

gatorjon said:
Cool never had a tank this big and want the fish I have to grow in my new one. Seems they have maxed out their size in my 38

Everybody loves to upgrade to bigger, soon that 75 wont be big enough. Lol

Back
Top Bottom