upgrade to bigger tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah I know but neither of my lfs have the ammonia and they both recommended this stuff so just went with it. hopefully it's ok. I'll finish with the nutrafin cycle tomorrow and keep testing over a few weeks and see what happens.
if anyone has some advice I'm keen to hear it. cheers.

thanks big John. I think the filters will be fine between them the circulate about 2400lt p/h. I've had them running in the 410lt new tank almost 2days now and the water is crystal clear :)

so I am on day 2 of adding nutrafin cycle to the water to help add BB and have tested the water again and come up with these results. ph by the way is 7.8.

everything still looks as tho it's still at zero or less than .2 ppm.
I still haven't added any fish and the water temp is 27 degrees/C.
I guess it's just a waiting game now :)

I've had very good results cycling a tank in less than a week using Stability made by Seachem. Totally fishless!! Tank was a 110 gallon.

thanks jraGold I'm trying my best just gotta be patient now.

ok so my new tank has cycled fish less and I've seen the ammonia spike along with the nitrate and everything went back to normal. I added 2 5cm maingano 3 yellow labs 3cm and 3 nimbochromus (giraffe cichlids) 2to3 cm. over the last week and my ammonia has risen to about 0.25 should I do another water change or just keep an eye on it. nitrate is 0 and so is nitrite. ph is 7.8 and water temp is 26c.
oh and one of the giraffes I think has a broken bottom jaw. it's all bent to one side. don't know if it's recent or was like it when I got him. :/
all advice welcome. cheers

image-3375819840.jpg

I would retest the amonia and if you get the same reading or higher I would do a 50% water change.

yeah no worries mate. cheers ill keep posting. thanks

I've done 2 more water changes since my last post and all tests have now been at 0 for 2days. I think I may have finally done the cycle.
was just wondering if there are any types of shark I could put in with my current stock?
does anyone have sharks with Malawi cichlids and if so how do they all get along? thanks.

Back
Top Bottom