Vacation for 5 days, buy autofeder?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaticAl

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey guys, my spring break is coming up soon and I will likely be gone around 5 days tops. For winter break when I was gone for a week I bought an eheim autofeeder and it worked great for my 40 gal Malawi tank but now I also have a new 55 as well. Do you guys think it it worth it to but another auto feeder for this amount of time or should I just go without one? I am also wondering if people have had success with this vacation feeder blocks or gels

ive hear that the feeder blocks do not always work like they should
i dont have alot of knowledge about this
stuff lol

They will be fine for 5 days with no food at all. I was gone for two weeks and the fish were fine with no food. The feeder blocks pollute the tank a lot! Do not use them. When you come back your tank will be cloudy and your water conditions will be horrific. No feeder block. Lol

Remember, females go 3+ weeks with no food when holding so a week is no problem. Don't feel the urge to overfeeding the day you leave, it will only lead to issues! Just feed the same way you always do and enjoy your break!

I agree that it is better to underfeed than overfeed and have the tank polluted while you are away. They will be fine for 5 days with no problem for the reasons mentioned already. If I were you, I would buy a bunch of live blackworms or ghost shrimp and release them into the tank prior to leaving if you are that worried about it. The fish will have food when they need it then.

Back
Top Bottom