Victorians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Owl307

Aquarium Advice Freak
Burton's mouthbreeder - Haplochromis burtoni

Zebra obliquens

Haplocromis Pudamilia Nuererei

Can anyone here give me some info on these guys? I was wondering if they could be kept together and what a minimum tank size wold be. I cant seem to find any GOOD information... Thank you!

I have pundamilia nyererei (ruti island). I have 2 sets of 1m / 5 f. I treat them the same as my mbuna... NLS and blanched veggies... The males are the only ones colorful... The females are a grey... Some of mine have tinted fins. I've heard others say Vic's are more aggressive, perhaps others.... But even with them breeding I don't find them any more so than the mbuna they are with. As for keeping together, I don't know....

One of my males and females

Attachments

• image-3419546408.jpg
    image-3419546408.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 87
thank you. What size tank do you keep them in? I dont want many. One species would be fine if i have to.

I started with a lot if juvies in a 90.... Got my pairs and they are in a 125 now with some mbuna. You could keep them in a 55 ... Nothing smaller.

Owl307 said:
Burton's mouthbreeder - Haplochromis burtoni

Zebra obliquens

Haplocromis Pudamilia Nuererei

Can anyone here give me some info on these guys? I was wondering if they could be kept together and what a minimum tank size wold be. I cant seem to find any GOOD information... Thank you!

I have Pundamilia Nyererei (Python Island) and haven't had any aggression problems either, they are with Mbuna doing just fine, in a 75 gallon, they are gorgeous IMO :)

Do you own the book?

I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, but I the cover an indication of the beautiful pics inside? Lol

I dont own a book, I couldnt get the link you posted either but thanks for the info guys:D!

Back
Top Bottom