Video of my 140 gallon cichlid tank..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont know. I thought he would be better in the 240, but he caused alot of aggresion. Now him and the oscar are just the really mellow big boys of the tank. Usually find one at each end of the tank. I am very happy, thought I would have to get rid of the terror. Do you think the yellowish fish is a peacock?

Very very nice.
In your home you have both a 140 AND a 240 gallon?
Thats... Water.

I have a 29 gallon also. It only has a pleco, a rapheal and an electric blue jack dempsey that I am growing out.

I know alot of people say it, but this is all I am going to have. That is, unless my daughters want tanks in their rooms! LOL :brows:

I dont know. I thought he would be better in the 240, but he caused alot of aggresion. Now him and the oscar are just the really mellow big boys of the tank. Usually find one at each end of the tank. I am very happy, thought I would have to get rid of the terror. Do you think the yellowish fish is a peacock?

He looks like a dominant red zebra, as they age they turn from orange to a light peachy color with a blue hue to their fins.

It's funny when people see how many tanks I have as well, with well over a 1000 gallons in the house sunday's are busy changing water.

I have a 29 gallon also. It only has a pleco, a rapheal and an electric blue jack dempsey that I am growing out.

I know alot of people say it, but this is all I am going to have. That is, unless my daughters want tanks in their rooms! LOL :brows:

Hey sorry about the jack, do you know if they were male and female? I'm moving my Festae Red Terrors into the 180g tomorrow and freeing up another tank and would like to give them another go. What kind of growth are you seeing? I was only getting quarter to half inch per month. I'm researching breeder now so we'll see.

Dont know if they were male and female. Both looked the same and were only about an inch long. No clear signs of why the one died. Am currently looking for another. Is there a way to tell the males and females apart at a young age?

Dont know if they were male and female. Both looked the same and were only about an inch long. No clear signs of why the one died. Am currently looking for another. Is there a way to tell the males and females apart at a young age?

No way to sex them till they are larger, I wasn't sure how big they were. I have a good friend that has a pair over 5" and if the fish reaches the 3" range you'll should be good to go. That seems to be the thresh hold to get past the known health issues.

I looked at a couple of the LFS's that I normally go to and no one has them. One of them is going to call me when they get them in. I did find a green pleco with gold spots that I want. Unfortunately they wanted $123 for it. Won't be getting it any time soon.

There's no way I'd give $123 for any kind of pleco. That may just be me but they're not that interesting.

The most I've ever spent on any fish was $50.00 each for Gold Nugget Plecos. One died after 3 days the other last 2 more. I decided to never spend that kind of money on 1 fish ever again.
Now my limit is $20.00, if it's more than that I don't really need it.
Of course that limit will change if/when I get into Discus. I don't think you can get one for less than $25.00. Even though they are really beautiful, I'll have to stay far away from the $200.00+ Discus.
I'd be more worried about my fish being stolen than I would my jewelry, with prices like those.

I did find a green pleco with gold spots that I want. Unfortunately they wanted $123 for it. Won't be getting it any time soon.

one of my LFS sell's some type of gold spotted pleco for about 120 aswell, darn thing was about 5-6cm (barely past 2")

at that size its only $120 worth of cichlid snack if you ask me ! :eek:

Here is the latest pic of my remaining EBJD. It is really getting colorful and eats like a pig! Would love to have one more... It is about 1.5 inches right now.

img_1388564_0_2a70a5f7f9eb084bde5a4d26aec64b0e.jpg

spoonman said:
Here is the latest pic of my remaining EBJD. It is really getting colorful and eats like a pig! Would love to have one more... It is about 1.5 inches right now.

That thing is gorgeous!
How large do they get? And how aggressive?

Back
Top Bottom