Water becomes cloudy after adding sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

great1980

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have just completed my setup for 75 gallon tank, I put Carib Sea ACS00222 African Sahara Sand in it,I washed it little bit not too much because it's written just to wash it gently ,but today is a second day and my water is very cloudy ,I have mixed my 37 gallon cycled water in it, when I was setting it up.what should I do to clean it .My 5 mubunas r in 10 gallon tank.

It takes time to settle there was probably a bunch of crap in it. What are you running for a filter/filters

Put some sort of water polish foam in the filter, that will help clear it up quick. Your local fish store will carry it.

You need to rinse sand through about 12-15 times before adding to any tank and if cloudy afterwards do 10% -20% water changes every week will clear up in the end with help from filter medias

Dont let the filters clear your cloudy water it could ruin the filter you need to do water changes. The cloudiness is basically smaller particles of sand and that can gum stuff up. I had the same thing happen and it took me 5 or 6 complete water changes to get all the crap out.

Back
Top Bottom