Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suntwisty4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello have a small i believe 8-10 gal tank. Not only until today my five year found food and decided she would feed them. Yay...i did 50% water change just now i should be able to do another 50% tomorrow right? Or should i wait couple days like friday? Thx
Food is now hiden in a different place!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my VS920 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Forgot to add is cichlid tank three assorted African in there maybe 3/4 in lomg. Seem to be still healthy

Sent from my VS920 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey there. African cichlids don't do well in a 10 gal for many reasons. 1would be aggression 2 would be you could stunt their growth. Yea you can change all their water. Just don't mess with the filters media. That's were all the BB is.

Ya a ten is way too small. Think of it like a pet dog, they need room to run around, to play, in a ten gallon, they take two-three strides, and have to turn around. They might survive, but they'll be stressed, probably get sick often, and you'll want to do daily water changes. I'd get a bigger tank, at least a 30 preferably a 55.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom