Water para meter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamingdragon

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello. Every one. I have white foggy water. For a week now. Yesterday I did a 50% water change. Took the API test kit and tested the water just a moment ago. PH is 8.2 ammonia is 0 nitrite is 0 nitrate is 0. I rinsed my filter media in a bucked of tank water. But it is still foggy. Before I tested the water I cleaned out the tube to get a good reading. I can not explain the foggy water. The stones or in the for 18 month. I looked it up on the net can,t find a answer to that. Does somebody had this. Thanxs

A bacterial bloom perhaps? Have you done a small water change? Maybe 20-25%?

I'd say just keep and eye on it. It happens it actually happened to me.

Well than I have to wait till it clears up. I did twice a water change this week 1 time a 30 % and yesterday a 50% water change. But the parameters or fine. I can tell its a bacterial bloom. Fish or not stressed out. Just was wondering normal something is wrong. But I used just a second ago a dip stick get the same reading.

No every thing is fine. 8.2 PH 0 Ammonia 0 Nitrate 0 Nitrite with API test kit and dip stick. Wired.

I have no clue. It stared last week. Before hand I had no problem. And this tank is running over 18 month. I will keep a eye on it see what the reading Sunday would be.

A cycled tank will always show trates is untrue. My tanks well cycled and have no trace of trates, my lovely plants take car of that

stevedocs said:
A cycled tank will always show trates is untrue. My tanks well cycled and have no trace of trates, my lovely plants take car of that

Typically only the case if you have a heavily planted tank. Since there was no mention of plants one can only assume 0 trates means uncycled. But looking at the pic there are def trates in the water. Hard to judge the amount but they're def there

Well if something is wrong I would see it on my fish. But they or fine. I will take a eye on it and going from there. My bleu ahali will tell me because he will turn bright bleu fading collar. When something is wrong. And hang out under my filter. He is always buzzy. And happy. Or is getting sick and if he is getting sick my water is bad too. But he has is nice collar going on now and does his thing he always does. Lol for now. I will see. But thanks. Just was wondering if it could be something els. Maybe to much water change. This week. Have great day you all

Back
Top Bottom