Water parameters ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cstar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi I have african cichlids here are my Aquarium parameters: GH 60 ppm, KH 40 ppm, pH 7.5, NO2 0 ppm, NO3 40 ppm
Is this ok? If not how can I make it better. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I want to make my fish feel at home. Thanks

Sorry GH 120, KH 80

I heard 40 ppm nitrates is really high should I do an immediate water change?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd try to double the KH and GH, get pH to 8 and get NO3 to 10-15ppm. 40ppm is high, but I wouldn't consider it "really" high, if it were me I'd do a PWC until you're at 20ppm or lower (of course the lower the better).

Didn't you mention in a previous post of having crushed coral? Either way, you can use baking soda and epsom salt to get the KH/GH up.

I have crushed sea shells in a mesh bag in my filter doesn't seem to be doing much, been there a couple weeks. I might try the baking soda Epsom salt thing. Just don't want to over do it. I'm good with recipes and mixtures. I don't really want to lose fish to learn what not to do. I only have 5 in 1 test strips right now, I know there not right accurate. I'm hoping to score a master test kit in a package deal I'm getting tomorrow. Getting 5 new tanks and everything that goes with them, all top of the line and a ton of gear. The biggest tank is a 60 gallon. I'm so exited, I feel like a kid at Christmas. Getting it all for a steal of a deal $200. My buddy wants out and he's selling my everything. And now the saga begins.

Back
Top Bottom