Weird Occurrence Today....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bichir Bro

Aquarium Advice Addict
So Im sitting on my bed when my 40b tank light switches on and I notice that the tanks got that dreaded milky hue. Tested my ammonia and sure enough it was around .25.
Anyone had a random crash like that? Havent changed any feedings or anything like that.
And this explains the Julie jumping ship I guess..

Which tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've had things like this happen in my tanks in the past. However, it's always down to something having changed even if it has nothing to do with us. It's definitely a pain to take care of though!

Which tank?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The Tanganyikan.

I've had things like this happen in my tanks in the past. However, it's always down to something having changed even if it has nothing to do with us. It's definitely a pain to take care of though!

Yeah. Somethings, despite our obsessive control as aquarists, can be random.
The cloudiness has subsided, and ammonia has returned to normal. Still scratching my head as to how it would have happened, whether it be for future prevention or just more knowledge...

Did you recently clean any filter media? Or replace any?

In the middle of January I replaced a good chunk of it in the filter; I wrote it off as an option because it was quite some time ago.
I added five Ocellatus about three weeks ago too but theyre so small and my stock is relatively light again I didnt blame that..

Back
Top Bottom