Well i got a crayfish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jakepen

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Broke down, taking the chance, I bought a blue cray fish. Anybody with experience, what should I feed him? The 1mm nls pellets I feed my cichlids, don't get past them to the ground. Appreciate any ideas

image-2940933101.jpg

I've had them before and let me warn you that they will kill small or weak fish. As for food they will eat anything that can get to the ground. When they molt they become very vaunerable and need ample places to hide. Hope this helps!:)

I've had them before and let me warn you that they will kill small or weak fish. As for food they will eat anything that can get to the ground. When they molt they become very vaunerable and need ample places to hide. Hope this helps!:)

Anything specific to eat? I've heard turtle sticks or koi food or something?

And he loves my cichlid stones more than my cichlids do!! I have a lot of hiding spaces, 15 cichlid stones alone, and three more coming.

Coincidentally I just got my first cray today as well..! He's a vanilla cray and he's just the cutest lol he does not take any **** from my 5" peacock at all he's tough!

Attachments

• image-4184125760.jpg
    image-4184125760.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2124219652.jpg
    image-2124219652.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 95
Coincidentally I just got my first cray today as well..! He's a vanilla cray and he's just the cutest lol he does not take any **** from my 5" peacock at all he's tough!

Hah looks good, lets keep each other posted on how they're doing.

No I keep mine in a community tank. I have kept one with my cichlids with no problems before though, but that was with less Africans in a smaller tank. Now I have more than double the tank size and the amount of fish with different personalities so idk how it would work now

Sounds good bud, what are you gonna be feeding him and how often..?

I'll probably feed him at night when my fish are sleeping, so pellets can actually hit them bottom. I ordered some nls h20 wafers, Also gonna go get some kind of pellet stick, high in protein.

Back
Top Bottom