What are some neat ways to interact with your african cichlids besides food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tedisabum

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a spinning snoopy happy meal toy right by the glass that makes my african cichlids (especially my yellow labs) mesmerized. They usually swim right up to it. They act all excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I demand to see such hilariousness.... Video, video, video. Haha.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lazer pointers. Also, +1 to demanding video

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lazer pointers. Also, +1 to demanding video

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do this with my puffers sometimes. They love chasing it.

I was thinking maybe like a ping pong ball or something that floats with small holes in the bottom, then you can fill it with food so the fish have to knock it around to get a treat out of it. Just thinking aloud.

I have a spinning snoopy happy meal toy right by the glass that makes my african cichlids (especially my yellow labs) mesmerized. They usually swim right up to it. They act all excited.

The parrot cichlid at work follows fingers and even head butts/tries to bite the cleaning magnet. I can get him to turn upside down by circling with my finger as he tries to bite it through the glass haha

Discus just kinda...... Yeah.... They just swim and look pretty, lol. My old peacock cichlids would always watch king of the hill with me... Seriously.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom