What are some of the most unusual and interesting freshwater fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sealife

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking for ideas of stocking a tank. 4 foot. Wanted to know if there was any other ideas apart from the usual cichlid, guppy, tetra, etc etc
Something beautiful, exotic , and different.
Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Peacock eel? Don't know much about them but they aren't too common and are really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

not really a fish, but axolotl. You could consider a puffer depending on the size of your tank. Also, possibly a fire eel or ropefish

African leaf fish are pretty unusual looking. A coldwater stream biotope for hillstream loaches and gobies is always fun, or perhaps a brackish tank riparium for archerfish?

Yes they do but 12 inches of Ropefish isn't the same as 12 inches of Oscar! A 4 foot tank should be perfectly adequate for them.

instead of an open ended question, add the size of the tank you have or are thinking of and you'll generate a lot more responses.

sorry, missed that. I'll second the puffer suggestion. Saw a friends tank over the weekend and was shocked at the ferocity of how they attacked a lobster at feeding time.

Back
Top Bottom