What breed of Cichlid is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
**** 3 auratus in a 10g
They are gona eat the tank! Lol

They were labelled "assorted African Cichlids" again this store almost always has them labelled wrong and give me the wrong info. The store is 45 min away too otherwise I would have asked here first. Fingers crossed they are ok for a bit until I convince my husband to get me another bigger tank :) Right now my largest is a 20 gallon but it's fully stocked already

Magikalgirl79 said:
They were labelled "assorted African Cichlids" again this store almost always has them labelled wrong and give me the wrong info. The store is 45 min away too otherwise I would have asked here first. Fingers crossed they are ok for a bit until I convince my husband to get me another bigger tank :) Right now my largest is a 20 gallon but it's fully stocked already

A 55 gal would be about right.Perhaps a nice candlelit dinner would help with your persuading ;)

garfy said:
A 55 gal would be about right.Perhaps a nice candlelit dinner would help with your persuading ;)

I had my eye on a 55g on Kijiji for $250!!!! I couldn't believe it! But hubby said we just bought a puppy so maybe for my birthday! Lol

Magikalgirl79 said:

Petsmart sells these in an Assorted tank, but when I worked there my store gave correct info. Our signage said: " Diet: Flake, Frozen, Spirulina Maximum size: 4-6" Water temperature: 72-82 degree F Swimming level: Middle Experience level: Advanced Tank Setup: 29+ gallons, plus rock and/or driftwood. Ask a store associate for details."

Minus the driftwood part, not too bad. They like hard water and higher PH but ours seemed to thrive in a variety of setups as long as they had a big tank and LOTS of hiding spots and sight breaks.

We fed ours Spinach and Romaine as well as Spirulina wafers and flakes. They loved slices of Zucchini. We clipped the veggies to the side.

As a parent sometimes you have to say No for the sake of the pet. Kids love getting new fish, but they hate when they die.

OK, off the soap box, sorry for the LONG post. Enjoy your fish ! Hope you can convince Hubby !

Magikalgirl79 said:
I had my eye on a 55g on Kijiji for $250!!!! I couldn't believe it! But hubby said we just bought a puppy so maybe for my birthday! Lol

Check out craigslist or go to petco during their next $1/gallon sale and pick up a new tank.

Auratus grow slower than other mbuna so you have a little more time than normal.

Malawi Freak said:
Check out craigslist or go to petco during their next $1/gallon sale and pick up a new tank.

Auratus grow slower than other mbuna so you have a little more time than normal.

I'm going to guess that Petco is in the States?! The only options I have are a locally owned small store(45 min away and not alot of selection) & a Pets Unlimited(also 45min away) being built right now is a Pet Smart, still 45 min away but I'm hoping that they will have a better selection of tanks and fish with knowledgable staff! It should be finished soon and then I'll go tank hunting :)))

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom