What can i add???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ralphie126

Aquarium Advice Freak
O I have my 36gallon set up with a breeding pair of convicts about 3 and 4 inches.... A red tailed shark 3 inches.... 1 tiger barb 1 inch..... And a baby convict .5 inches. Can I add a jack Dempsey or a red blood parrot or a red devil... What other cichlid can I add( 1 or a breeding pair)

arent tiger barbs schooling fish? idk much about stocking but you may think about getting more of them

Ralphie126 said:
O I have my 36gallon set up with a breeding pair of convicts about 3 and 4 inches.... A red tailed shark 3 inches.... 1 tiger barb 1 inch..... And a baby convict .5 inches. Can I add a jack Dempsey or a red blood parrot or a red devil... What other cichlid can I add( 1 or a breeding pair)

I don't know much about convicts but the red tail shark is going to out grow that tank. They need minimum 55g tank sorry. The tiger barb also needs a school. So before you add anymore fish you should look into correcting the stocking issues you have.

Convicts and RTS are way too big for a 36 gallon. Tiger barbs do best in larger tanks as well, in large schools. I think you seriously need to re-evaluate your stocking all together before thinking about adding anything else.

Doin,t take a jack dempsy with the paire convic you have. neither bloodparot. The blood parot gets to big an jd is to agresif

You have to be lucky if you put a jd in your tank that the convic or jd can go together it's hard to say it's a gamble. Check me out on you tube brandyn9111

My convicts are small and don't swim alp lot same with everything else except for the rts..... Can I add Any other small cichlid with them like a yellow lab or something else

Ralphie126 said:
Yea convicts and the shark will grow 5in MAX

A 36 is still to small for them. It's not necessarily the size of the fish but the aggression and swimming space needed. That being said you've been given advise on those fish. Up to you if you follow it.

They are all fine in the 36! I might take the shark and barb out and add a pair of yellow labs.... Several people do this and the fish r fine

Back
Top Bottom