What cichlids Can I put in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mom2reds

Aquarium Advice Addict
What would be the best for my tank. I currently only have a BN pleco one rainbow and one small flying fox. I am wanting to change to chili’s but not Necessarily wanting to get rid of all my plants . I did just recently thin down my plants drastically, and I have let my stock get low on purpose to make changing easier. What would y’all recommend open to all with the exception of rams.
So I use RO water only, have 125 lbs eco complete as the substrate and my tank has been up and running for 12 years. I run two marienland c-360 canister filters.Oh and it is a 75 gal. tank.

Attachments

• F7C81A1F-950B-4D03-9CF3-2E2BBBAF1C29.jpg
    F7C81A1F-950B-4D03-9CF3-2E2BBBAF1C29.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 196
Most cichlids are prone to dig up plants. U may be able to get away with some of the smaller guys that don't dig as much. Someone with experience with cichlids and plants will hopefully chime in. I only use fake plants and they are constantly moving my sand around for their holes and homes. Good luck!

thanks Tpalmer. I am trying to do as much research as I can first. I am not apposed to having Angels but that is not all I want. I really like the bright blues and yellows of the cichlids and I love the red jewels, but I was told they are very aggressive. I have only ever kept small tropical fish and tetras. I am ready for a change lol

Blah.. angels are lame haha. You could do a few electric blue rams, if you want something larger, electric blue acara, if they spawn they'll rip up plants, if you get all males they shouldn't bother them to much.
a0887a59ab0ed11d89108deabbb6c95f.jpg
f15c29ad27aac523f59601c77b57dd43.jpg

wow nice fish! I will have to keep that in mind, if I do all males will there be lots of aggression and are there any other kinds of fish I can keep with them. my selection of fish are limited here.
I have been researching on U tube and really like the look of the apistogrammas. I wonder if I can keep more than one kind of these together, ike the apistogramma Viejita and the Agassizi fire red..

OH WHAT TO DO...

Blah.. angels are lame haha. You could do a few electric blue rams, if you want something larger, electric blue acara, if they spawn they'll rip up plants, if you get all males they shouldn't bother them to much.
a0887a59ab0ed11d89108deabbb6c95f.jpg
f15c29ad27aac523f59601c77b57dd43.jpg

No not a good idea since they love to dig up plants

What would be the best for my tank. I currently only have a BN pleco one rainbow and one small flying fox. I am wanting to change to chili’s but not Necessarily wanting to get rid of all my plants . I did just recently thin down my plants drastically, and I have let my stock get low on purpose to make changing easier. What would y’all recommend open to all with the exception of rams.
So I use RO water only, have 125 lbs eco complete as the substrate and my tank has been up and running for 12 years. I run two marienland c-360 canister filters.Oh and it is a 75 gal. tank.

You should get some angelfish and discuses. They are both beautiful fish also get some of the veil angels and get unique ones the only issue is that the discusses cost 80$ each and are very sensitive Angels are pretty hardy fish I have a angel tank myself and a friend of mine has the discusses and angels together.

I picked up 2 angel fish today along with 2 bn plecos,. I am waiting on my fish store to get some apistogramas for me he said he should have some in a few days. Will the Angel fish get along with the apistos?

Back
Top Bottom