What do I do about yellow lab eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well when I set up the ten gal I scooped out some substrate from the main tank and used around 2.5 gallons of that water and put it into the ten gallon hoping some bacteria would be in that

Well when I set up the ten gal I scooped out some substrate from the main tank and used around 2.5 gallons of that water and put it into the ten gallon hoping some bacteria would be in that

While that will help, it won't cycle the tank. Take the filter pad out of the new filter and place it inside the chamber of the filter on the cycled tank. Let it run like that till you catch the female, then transfer the filter pad back into the new filter. Meanwhile, just let the new filter continue to run without a pad. If both filters use the same pads, transfer one from the old filter into the new filter and replace it with the new filter. Instant cycle.

I think I read somewhere that 90% of your beneficial bacteria is in your filter.

I wanted to place an old filter pad into the one on the ten gallon but they are different sizes. So if I put the pad from the ten gal into the filter on the main tank for say 3 days that will work? Thanks renegade!!!

I wanted to place an old filter pad into the one on the ten gallon but they are different sizes. So if I put the pad from the ten gal into the filter on the main tank for say 3 days that will work? Thanks renegade!!!

Anytime ;). Yes placing the new filter pad into the old filter in addition to its filters for 3 or more days will give you a nice basis of bacteria for your new tank.

Update..... I can't tell for sure but I think the yellow lab holding eggs is very happy to be by herself in the ten gallon. She is very active right now

Should the temp be slightly higher for the momma and eggs/fry when they come out? Like around 82 degrees?

Back
Top Bottom