What do you all think of these?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
People are going to tell you not to mix new and old world cichlids. I am not one of those people. I mix them myself However. Firemouth and Mbunas wont work long term. If you like the color Peacocks do well with Firemouths. Cool set up though.

Believe it or not, the Mbunas actually hide with the Firemouth and kinda stay away from the Convicts

Not a bad start.

Its more about the water chemistry requirements of the different types of cichlids than it is about the ability of the fish to get along or not get along. Africans have very different water requirements than New Worlds do. Keeping them together is very stressing for one type or possibly for both depending on how you keep the water chemistry, and therefore the fish can be much more susceptible to diseases and water stress issues.

Additionally, as the Africans get bigger, you are going to find that you need more rock/hiding spaces.

Believe it or not, the Mbunas actually hide with the Firemouth and kinda stay away from the Convicts

That's why I said long term it will work until they are approaching sexually maturity but not into adulthood. I don't fall into the blanket statement no Africans with no new world. But these two types unfortunately are going to kill each other. Most Mbunas pretty much need to stick with Mbunas

Back
Top Bottom