What do you 'Feed' your African Cichlids? Pros & Cons!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kdoutis

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have always "started" my African Cichlids as 'Babies'(1-2"). And, as such~start them off feeding flake food~for the first 3 months. Slowly 'Converting' them over to pellet! Adding: Plankton; Brine or Mysis Shrimp & Blood Worms~as a 1/week "Treat".(At 2-4")
Because of 'Now' having Soo Much 'Input' from different Groups & Forums~I find myself Questioning Everything!!
I have been "Looking" at: "Hikari"~ 'Staple' & 'Gold' 'Cichlid' pellets; "Cobalt"~ 'Cichlid' Pellets (& 'Tropical' pellets for my Mollies~2"); OR "New life Spectrum"~ 'All-Purpose Fomula' or 'Small Fish Formula' Or 'Cichlid Formula'! (According to "Some" I can feed the 'All-Purpose' Formula to both my Cichlids & Mollies~& BOTH will Thrive! 'Others' say: 'Small Fish' for Mollies & 'Cichlid' for Cichlids.
I Don't know what to do!!
I will be going in to the hospital~Any time for a Major Surgery! And Want to have 'Food' ~"Figured Out" & labeled: who; how much; etc! So that will be 1 'less' Issue I have to 'Deal' with/Worry about~While I am Not here/Able to answer all their questions!

What is "NLS"? Where do you buy it? Is it for Cichlids, Mollies or Both?? Cost/oz?

NLS do a specific cichlid formula. Variety is key with all omnivorous fish. Dont worry, if its good quality food, supplement with frozen some different veg for the veggies and theyll be happy cichs. Just dont over feed.

Back
Top Bottom