what food?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mjb018

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Just wondering, to those with convicts, what food(s) do you feed your convicts? Right now I am feeding mine flakes and bloodworms, but would like to see what everyone else feeds theirs....

Also, I'll be getting 2 pink cichlids and hopefully 2 orange zebra's this weekend or so, and was wondering what would be the best food o feed them....

I feed all my Africans New Life Spectrum and my S.Americans Omega One cichlid color pellets.

I'm not familiar with orange zebra convicts...so I hope I'm wrong and your not intending to mix african and south American cichlids together.

@Marka123, the fishes lol!

@HUKIT, I was told that they can go together. I will double check on that tho before I make a stupid and costly mistake....

Thanks.

They should not be housed together...they require different water conditions with Africans require a higher ph where as new world live in soft slightly acidic water. There food requirements are different where as Africans are herbivores the new worlds are omnivores. The agresssion levels are generally higher in Africans...I've seen smaller mbuna beat the **** out of larger oscars.

cool cool...i wont be getting the orange zebras at this time then.what other fishes would go well with convicts that'd you'd recommend?

Oscars, severums, Firemouths, Parrots and Jack Dempseys to name a few but there are lots of New World options.

If oscars are an option make sure you have large enough tank to house them.

awesome. i'll check the pet store tomorrow and check what they have in stock. thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom