What is "?"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The smartest cichlid when it comes to survival?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Do not understand the reasoning for this type of question as it can't be answered since that is an inherent trait in every living creature. The will to live is a psychological force to fight for survival seen as an important and active process of conscious and unconscious reasoning. This occurs in all living species particularly when one's own life is threatened by a serious injury or disease.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not understand the reasoning for this type of question as it can't be answered since that is an inherent trait in every living creature. The will to live is a psychological force to fight for survival seen as an important and active process of conscious and unconscious reasoning. This occurs in all living species particularly when one's own life is threatened by a serious injury or disease.

Fight or flight comes to mind

Jesse

I mean who's better at it? That's like saying every animal is the same..

I'm trying to say what has the best defense, like a lion fish or something unique in a cichlid I haven't heard of. Just looking for discussion.

Each species has adapted specific survival skills based off geographical location and predation. Watch a lake tang documentary and you'll see how defenses are tailored to the area in which they inhabit and the competition they face. I still think shellies go hard...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Each species has adapted specific survival skills based off geographical location and predation. Watch a lake tang documentary and you'll see how defenses are tailored to the area in which they inhabit and the competition they face. I still think shellies go hard...

Jewels of the Rift on YouTube is a good one

There is no "better at it". Species have adapted differently to survive. Depends on too many factors... Such as fish a is better at surviving in the open and deep. Fish b is better at surviving in shallow rocky areas. Both are survivalists, evolved from psychological standpoint. Which translates to physical traits and behaviours, based on matters at hand. I.E. Predation, terrain, food supply, breeding.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The smartest cichlid when it comes to survival?

The smartest cichlid when it comes to survival is every one of them that didn't get caught in a net or trap. :brows: :whistle: :D :lol:

As previously mentioned, that's not really an answerable question. There have been tests done on fish for intelligence however, so you can answer the question "what is the smartest fish?" ( I don't have the answer for that one however.) I do know that Oscars have been trained to ring bells to be fed and wild ones are considered to be highly intelligent. Other fish have done similar things.

Just my 2 cents. I couldn't resist the question ;)(y)

Let's just say dolphin and call it a day lol

No, you started this thread and very knowledgable members chimed in (myself excluded)... watch the vids, jokes later..

You know what? I've been looking in cichlid forums on this topic and majority say the Oscar takes the cake. Maybe it's they way they recognize certain things or attention to detail.

Back
Top Bottom