What is this

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ad_1517949422130.jpg

Someone has 6 of these for sale/trade near me and as I like the look of it I'd like to research if they could go in the 125g with the kribs, mollies & platies - strange mix I know but it is working well so don't want to disrupt the *community*

I thought at first it was a jewel but they are so blue as opposed to the red I am used to seeing I'm not sure what it is

I first thought Jewel myself but with so many hybrids now, I'm not 100% sure what it is. That said, if you can't get a 100% identity, I wouldn't add it to your community since the kribs are already using the bottom area of the tank. This looks like a bottom dwelling type as well.

Apparently it was Jewel so I passed - still want that coloration in something else for the tank - seem to be a glut of orange & red fish but blues greens or whites are few & far between

You could try electric blue acara. They don't get massive, depending on how big your smaller fish are?? Mine ate a bunch of black neons.

Hmm sounds like I will have do to some reading - since the Mollies & Platies breed like rabbits there is an assortment of sizes despite my "rescue" efforts

Apparently it was Jewel so I passed - still want that coloration in something else for the tank - seem to be a glut of orange & red fish but blues greens or whites are few & far between
You might want to look into White or silver or Salt & Pepper sailfin mollies ( non balloon :whistle: ),
Kohaku Swordtails ( these are red & white but there are some with heavy white patterns) or plain Albinos or Green Swords.
Platinum Angelfish ( if you not trying to save the baby livebearers)
Blue Variatus ( a larger Platy type) or blue Platies,
Dwarf Gourami ( wild type is heavy blue or privately bred Powder Blues or Neon Blues for better health)
Look into Rainbowfish, Tetras, Rasboras or Danios for Whites, Blues and Green varieties. There are a lot of choices outside of orange or red. (y) ( Many are just not carried by the chain/ box stores :( but are out there.)

Yup have a few blue wag platies but the truly blue ones are hard to find
Not a fan of the "dalmation" variety in any FISH species(canine & equine don't count☺)
As for the others I am trying to limit the amount of inter species breeding so Swords are out (but I'm willing to make an exception for some of those Albinos that Coral has ?)
Not a danio fan unless in a species only tank
I think I am at the limit for the number of species "I" want in here.so guess I start haunting Big Als whenever I am near it (its an hour+ away & only store around me with more than your basic fiah)

Back
Top Bottom