What kind of flowerhorn is this baby?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

samahabou

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got this baby flowerhorn but I'm wondering what kind is it I try to look it up it look like pearl fh as its the most common flowerhorn here in usa any idea and how to determine if its a male or a female sorry for the pic is not to clear i try my best ☺

Attachments

• 1442753870450.jpg
    1442753870450.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 94
  • 1442753961138.jpg
    1442753961138.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 118
Looks like Zz to me, if I had to guess sex I would say female based on black spot on dorsal which usually like 75% chance of being correct.

Jesse

Well he/she won't eat pellets for some reason but eat flakes and won't eat shrimp either it's weird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try blood worms my wife's friend has a fh similar to that but it's a male because of the hump forming round instead of a slopped hump like females have. They usually go crazy for it. Or try and not feed for a couple days .

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Try blood worms my wife's friend has a fh similar to that but it's a male because of the hump forming round instead of a slopped hump like females have. They usually go crazy for it. Or try and not feed for a couple days .

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Females can have nuchal humps too. It seems to occur especially often in the Amphilophus genus, at least from what i can tell... And pretty much all FH have some RD or Midas in them, as well as a lot of Trimac or Synspilum.

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Back
Top Bottom