What on earth is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trustemedia

Aquarium Advice Freak
I went to feed and my female Juli came out and had this white string attached to her with a sac of what looks like 3 balls on it and then more white string. None of my fish have ever been sick. There are no other markings on her at all. I got her to come back out later and she was missing the thing. I looked her over and she looked perfectly fine. I don't know what it was coming off of. I don't know if it was from being sick or breeding. She lives in her cave with her little man. She hardly lets him out ever. She chases him back in. She barely comes out herself. They hide in there together constantly. I keep shining a light back there looking for fry since they are shacked up non-stop, but don't see anything. Anyway, if you look at the pic, right underneath her body, you can see the 3 sac thing part of it. It hard to get a pic since she ran right away after eating and I had to hold a flashlight while trying to take a pic through a small hole in her "home". Anyone know what the heck? I'll post in appropriate section once someone knows where I should even be posting. I just don't know what it is.

77805-albums12169-picture65929.jpg

77805-albums12169-picture65928.jpg

Not even a single guess? I don't have one either...

Last edited by a moderator:
A clear picture would definitely help, based on your description it could be a eggs, but that is simply hazarding a guess with no real basis.

Back
Top Bottom