What other fishes would go with this Chichlid?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

izzasy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Look what i found. I want to start my own aquarium, a small one rather since I live in a condominium unit and there are rules about how big tanks are. I wanted to get fishes that would be really easy to take care of at the same time make my tank look colorful with fishes. I was browsing through some images in the web and found the strawberry peacock.

Aulonocara sp. (Strawberry Peacock)

I just want to know what other type of colorful fish would go with this? I don't want them killing each other. Sorry, just a newbie with aquariums and I need good advice on what to get.

Attachments

• Strawberry.peacock.jpg
    Strawberry.peacock.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 86
Here's another one I want to get.

http://www.aquariumfishexperts.com/...s/aulonocara-baenschi-yellow-peacock-cichlid/

I don't know if they'll go well. I'm thinking that if they sound alike they could probably go to the same family. Experts...help?

aulonocara-baenschi-yellow-peacock-cichlid

i would stick with only peacocks if you go that route... how small is small though? youre going to need a decent sized tank for these guys, i would go no smaller than a 40g...

I have one in a 90 gallon with one yellow lab and three red zebras. Everyone's getting along fine and they're not fighting or anything. That's about all the experience I have with these though. The one I have is fairly non aggressive. Not sure if that's just cause she's a female or if that's the norm for this species

Back
Top Bottom