What to do with eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon D.

Aquarium Advice Freak
I recently lost a whole batch of eggs Bc I think I stripped them to early and put them in a tumbler. When is a good time to strip so I don't lose any next time

when my africans are holding i strip them after 3 days and put the eggs into a tumbler and i only release them from the tumbler once they have consumed there yolk sacks and are free swimming. but alot of the time now i put the holding females in a seperate tank just so theres not so much stress and just let her spit when shes ready . once she spits then ill put her into the main/breeding tank again.

any questions feel free to ask i will help as best i can

Thanks we stripped after about a week and a half but all the eggs went white so we are thinking they were just unfertilized?

So is it better to let the female do her thing or maybe let em lay in a breeder box

Personally I strip all my females when I know they are free swimming. Others will purposely strip when they are eggs. Ime it's easier to care for the free swimming than the eggs. I've never allowed them to spit on their own so I couldn't tell you. Most breeders don't wait for them to spit.

do you have a spare tank ? if you do when she is holding the eggs put her in the spare tank until she spits the fry out usually at about 21 days. then put the female back into main aquarium.

Back
Top Bottom