What to Feed; how Much to Feed; and How Frequently?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Another age old question!

My 55-gallon has all Juvenile Malawi Cichlids (and one Albino Rainbow Shark). I mostly give them TetraAlgae Vegetable Enhanced Crisps, and occasionally TetraCichlid Flakes. I feed them one or two times per day, only about as much as they can finish in a couple of minutes max.

What/How Much/How Frequently are others feeding their Cichlids?

NLS thera a is my choice.... With blanched veggies for mbuna and frozen krill or blood worms for oscars. the colors have been awesome since the switch. HOWEVER, my dogs got into the cupboard where my 5# bucket was and ate it... Guess they liked it too!! So until my shipment comes... They are eating some HBH cichlid attack I got from a neighbor. Talk about an expensive meal they had!!

NLS thera a is my choice.... With blanched veggies for mbuna and frozen krill or blood worms for oscars. the colors have been awesome since the switch. HOWEVER, my dogs got into the cupboard where my 5# bucket was and ate it... Guess they liked it too!! So until my shipment comes... They are eating some HBH cichlid attack I got from a neighbor. Talk about an expensive meal they had!!

Keep feeding them NLS exclusively and see if they have better coat color and health. It might cost a fortune, but thats ok :lol:

The fresh veg idea is great.

I do and have been and it's been great. But pups ate it and I ordered more... Just waiting on it. Fish aren't happy with their temp food.... I fed once a day, what they eat in 30 sec. Skipping weds.

jetajockey said:
Keep feeding them NLS exclusively and see if they have better coat color and health. It might cost a fortune, but thats ok :lol:

The fresh veg idea is great.

Oh duh, the dogs lol. Bad enough their food is 50$ for 30# as it is... I go thru 2 bags a month... Have a dog allergic to grain and chix... But they both love water... I know my fish love the NLS... I can def tell dif in the fry that have been raised in it... Just hope my shipment gets here soon!!! I could only find 1 mm pellets here... Hmmm thinking oscars would be like WHAT?!?! Lol let alone the pig mbunas....

At first I thought that NLS was only available via mail order, but I happened to find it at my local PetCo! I've been hearing only great things about NLS. I'll give it a try. There are several variations of NLS. I assume NLS Cichlid is the right choice for Cichlids (seems like a silly statement). I've noticed that it slows down there eating rate considerably over flakes or crisps.

Back
Top Bottom