What to feed new peacock fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmarine

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My peacocks just bred for their first time! Now I'm wondering, what do I feed the fry? I put some crushed up spirulina in the tank, cuz thats what I fed my mbuna and victorians, but I know thats not a good enough diet for peacocks, so what do I feed them?
Thanks!

I used hikari first bites for my firemouths. I don't know if that is good for peacocks or not. Seems nutritious and all my fry have done well they are now on crushed flakes.

Oh and congratulations on the fry!

most LFS have it its like $2.00 and you will maybe use a quarter to half the pack.

Gotcha, alright i'll check it out! Thanks! Any other food ideas? I like to vary their diet!

Once they are a little bigger I'll throw some brine shrimp or blackworms when I have to much for my apistos. Besides that I don't do anything else but flakes

Gotcha, alright i'll check it out! Thanks! Any other food ideas? I like to vary their diet!

Don't do to many changes with fry. keep things slow and steady. fry are very fragile. My fry have been on flakes and are two months old I am just now going to try and add brine shrimp.

I don't know if this is recommended or not but I kept a mystery snail in my tank to get any left over food. Seems to be working out well he is getting huge adn water quality is good.

I was told by my LFS to use Repashy-Soilent Green for the fry and just feed them the powder, then as they get larger, make the mixture for them. What do you guys think?

I was told by my LFS to use Repashy-Soilent Green for the fry and just feed them the powder, then as they get larger, make the mixture for them. What do you guys think?

I have not heard of that food but it is probably the same. Hikari first bites is also a green powder.

I stick a dry finger in the pouch and then put my finger in the tank. It doesn't look like much but it is enough. Your supposed to do this 3 times a day but I was only able to do it twice a day, so I added a second dry finger full at each feeding and that worked fine.

Back
Top Bottom