What to get

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
are there any south or central american cichlids that would breed in my water conditions, or conditions not far from mine that I could mimic? I am certainly interested in rams for instance but don't know the optimum conditions to breed them. The priority for me would be the least I have to tweek the water the better.
TIA

Rams are delicate and I'd imagine they'd be hard to breed unless you were quite lucky. Convicts on the other hand will breed so much you'll tire of it. Any fish already living in the tank?

That's a perfect PH for Apistogramma's and in a 40g tank you could have a trio of Ap.cockato reds and a trio of Ap.panduro or Njissi. They go good togeather.

talloulou said:
Rams are delicate and I'd imagine they'd be hard to breed unless you were quite lucky. Convicts on the other hand will breed so much you'll tire of it. Any fish already living in the tank?

Actually, in that water, rams are quite easy to breed, lol. Once mine started, they were breeding like rabbits, lol. But now I've had a short pause. And I have new GBR's as well, the female got injured and didn't make it. So I'm pretty much starting over, lol.

Well that's great, I was hoping to get some rams. I'll have to look into the other varieties, I am not familiar wwith them. Thanks all for the suggestions. After my blackout I'll be looking for new tenants!

Lonewolfblue said:
talloulou said:

Actually, in that water, rams are quite easy to breed, lol. Once mine started, they were breeding like rabbits, lol. But now I've had a short pause. And I have new GBR's as well, the female got injured and didn't make it. So I'm pretty much starting over, lol.

Ahh I guess I'm just not as good with those pesky rams. :p

Rams=Soft Water+ph pushed below 7.0 with CO2=Breeding

Probably the easiest solution, lol. I took my CC back out, and slowly lowering my kh back to my tap levels at 60. Been at 100 with CC. My gh is 70.

Back
Top Bottom