What type of fish are good with angels ?!?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angels004

Aquarium Advice Regular
hey im saving up to get a 29 gallon instead of a 10 so that i can get an angelfish..but im pretty sure that i can have more fish in a 29 gallon but should i have 2 angelfish ? or just one ? and what other type of fish are good with angels ?!!?

if you have any advice, tips, or just comments please post!

<33

Well I think that 1 angel is all that the tank can handle in a community.
An angel would get along with bigger fish, it will eat small fish like guppy and small tetras. Some Barbs are known as fin nippers. Some tankmates include bigger schooling tetras, gourami and corydoras.

You could possibly keep a pair in it as a species only tank however, maybe with just one bottom feeder.

I keep rams with angels without a problem. Other suggestions..... rainbowfish, livebearers (angels will eat the babies though), danios, loaches and hatches.

Hey there, glad to see you are saving up for a 29gal =o)

You could have some hatchets, a small school of tetras, or... oh! you know what would be pretty? And these fish stay kind of small-
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_Display.cfm?pCatId=1065

If you had an angel, a school of 8 harlequin rasboras, and maybe a cory cat or two.

That would be slightly pushing your limit on bioload- when your angel is full grown-... however- if you get the angelfish small, as your angel gradually grows your fish can adjust to the gradually increasing bioload... if that makes sense???

But I wouldn't suggest getting any other larger fish in the 29gal like rams or an another angel. You could prolly do well with an angel, a school of something and maybe a few cories...

Back
Top Bottom