What type of flowerhorn cichlid is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ZacksFlowerhorn123

Aquarium Advice Activist
If you can, can you tell me if this is a male or female. If not, it's ok. When will it start to grow it's KoK? he or she is 4 inches long right now. I'm feeding it frozen Hikari Mysis Shrimp, frozen blood worms, and San Francisco Bay brand frozen beefheart. I tried to feed hikari bio gold medium pellets but he would just spit them out? I soaked the pellets for 2 minutes before feeding and also tried feeding them without soaking them.:banghead: Are the foods that I am feeding fine as staple diets? But I love watching it swim around. It's fun:popcorn:

Attachments

• IMG_20120329_115253.jpg
    IMG_20120329_115253.jpg
    254.2 KB · Views: 165
Will she still grow a big KOK? (HEAD)

No females gererally won't grow a large kok like the males, but they can develop a small nunchal hump. I have seen some females with a kok(again not nearly the size of males) but you'll pay a small fortune for them. I would start looking for a more suitable tank size for her if your looking for growth and better overall health.

Thank you soo much! I'm planning on a 20 long or 29 gallon for the swimming length. She is always happy when I'm up at the front but doesn't swim around that much. But you've helped alot! I thank you!

Isn't that a bit exaggerated? Just because every one rumors that doesn't. mean it's true.. Have you kept a flowerhorn in 75and kept another in a 29? They're both happy aren't they?........

i bet the fish would be alot happier in a 75 rather than a 29. its like saying a person should have a 2,500 square foot house, and then lock that person in a room.

Depending how often you want to upgrade your tank. I started with a 10g up to 29 now i have 2 55g. I,m not saying that they or not happy.

Just saying.. Might be picking up the 55 possibly though.. :D Petco has it on sale for $55 until tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom