What types of fish do Angels get along with best?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I heard that a pair of breeding angels will be aggressive toward other fish. So, even though I wanted three or four of them (They're so cute, how can you resist?), I decided to play it safe and just get one. But, I picked out the BEST one. I swear that in the store there was a crowd of angelfish and one of them was colored a little different and he (or she) swam away from the rest and was looking at me. I was sold.

Now that single angelfish is the king of my community tank. I have four different types of tetras, some black mollies, zebra danios, two glass catfish and one spotted ralphel (whom I nver see, but I know he's there) :D I would say it's working out pretty good.

So I would recommend the 'One Angelfish' plan to anyone. It worked for me! (I sound like a flippin' diet pill commercial, don't I?)

Discus are compatible with Angels. The only thing with Discus is they need warmer(80-84) water then Angels do. If you adjust slowly enough, even your Angel can acclimate to the warmer temps.

i keep my tank at 78 but my LFS said my angels would even like it around 80-82

This thread is very interesting. I just bought a 90 gallon tank and I'm probably going to do a community with 4 angelfish as a main component. I was thinking something like 4 Angels, a few Clown Loaches, a pair of Pearl Gourami (or maybe blue, gold, or opaline depending on what I can find locally), and then maybe one other group of smaller schooling fish.

Are there any faster moving schooling fish that would fit in or would they freak out the gouramis or angels too much?

I also see a few people have rainbow/redfin sharks in the mix so that is something I might consider too. I'm guessing they are ok with the loaches? From what I've read they are peacefull as long as you only have 1.

My rainbow get's his jollys by chasing my columbian tetras. He leaves my angels, discus, snails, loaches and other occupants alone.

He should be in a tank with larger fish and only one to a tank.

My rainbow doesn't bother anyone, except the other Bala i had, which i got rid of. Again, i will suggest the serpae tetra's just because of their unique coloring that kinda matches my other fish (the rainbow shark and clown loach.. LOL) and they are pretty tough so the angels and gouramis don't bother them. They also have wider bodies so an angel won't be as likely to try and eat one.

Back
Top Bottom