what vegetables

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bg-mike

Aquarium Advice Regular
Won't to try somthing new so what kind of vegetables can I feed my fish.also what do my Fri eat...

I am a newbie to the fish world, but I was just reading all I could find on this last night. Out of the several articles I read, all had carrots, peas, romaine lettuce, and spinach. The majority also said to go easy on the spinach, as too much of it can cause a digestive issue for cichlids.

Hope this helps.

Ok but how do I feed them carrots hole it in peaces

Bg-mike said:
Ok but how do I feed them carrots hole it in peaces

I put all that and cucumber and one little slice of fish and blend it up then make little balls out of it then freeze. Or you can just cut/chop them into bite size pieces. Normally when you freeze then let it thaw out its softer.

Zucchini and squash also work well. Blanch it or throw it in the microwave for 5-10 sec to soften it up, then chop into small pieces. My wife's grandparents think I love squash, don't have the heart to tell 'em I freeze most of it for my African cichlids every fall after they give us a bushel full. :)

My plecos, leporinus and, believe it or not, my oscars scarf it up as well.

WYite

Sorry for not getting back earlier, I posted this as I was leaving for work. I use a very fine grater & get as small a sliver as I can. I still have small fish, about 2", so bigger might be fine for larger fish.

Back
Top Bottom