what would be good tankmates for?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might be worth a shot talking to where you got them from. Some stores may give you a new fish.

Is the tank cycled? I would start to wonder along the lines of why the fish died.

Not trying to argue, but honestly in the hobby of fish, $10 is cheap unless we are talking mollies. I've spent over $75 on a single fish in the past. I hear ya with the kids and stay at home wife. Same boat over here.

aaronjohn20 said:
Well I woke up today to my fire mouth dead :-( Not quite sure why yet. He had been mouthing for air (or whatever u wanna call it) and I knew it wasn't normal and was worried about it. Guess I was right to be worried. That was a $9.99 fish. My one daughter asked if I was going to get another one. I told her I will only try an expensive fish once

What are your nitrite readings?
I definitely wouldn't get him a tankmate until the big tank is set up. Have you considered a pleco? Some of those rare plecos are amazing. I personally love the green phantom!

Yes the tank is cycled. I had just upraded from a whisper (not sure on size) to a penguin 350. The readings the day the firemouth died was ammo 0, nitrite 0, and nitrate 20. I'm not getting anymore tankmates till I have the big tank set up!

Did you pull the old filter and put in the new one. That would have reset your cycle. Essentially all BB was removed and a new surface was put in place.

I put new filters in yes, but I have extra slots available and put my old filter in there too

Back
Top Bottom