What would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys I have a blue gourami that's like 3 years old and was born with a bad eye(it's half gone). He always sits at the bottom and slowly breathes but when he sees me he perks up and when there's food. He acts so lively. I want to convert the tank to cichlids but no fish store wants this guy and I have no where to put him.
What would you do in my instance??

Go fishing... Just kidding. I am not sure what you should do but don't kill it. Not that you would.

I'd set up an appropriately sized tank for the blue gourami; looks like they need a minimum of 20 gallons which is too small for most commonly kept cichlids and they only live on average 4 years. If you have kept him for three, why would you get rid of him now? Then I would set up an appropriately sized tank for whatever cichlids I wanted to keep.

I'd set up an appropriately sized tank for the blue gourami; looks like they need a minimum of 20 gallons which is too small for most commonly kept cichlids and they only live on average 4 years. If you have kept him for three, why would you get rid of him now? Then I would set up an appropriately sized tank for whatever cichlids I wanted to keep.

It's in a 65 with a parrot, baby Severum and an opaline gourami

When I have had Gouramis, it is not uncommon for them to just chill on the bottom. It could just be a lazy tired fish. Check for other signs of illness. Because if there is something wrong IT WILL SHOW.

When I have had Gouramis, it is not uncommon for them to just chill on the bottom. It could just be a lazy tired fish. Check for other signs of illness. Because if there is something wrong IT WILL SHOW.

It has a few tears in its fins because of another slightly agressive gourami. But no sickness for sure.

Back
Top Bottom